Stephen M

Default affordable planer

My experience is the same as Barry's, I think David should try placing his
planer right-side up su that he does not have to do blade changes on his
head.

I just changed the blades on my 733 last night for probably the 5th time.
Its a 10 minute job if you're quick 15 if your slow.... maybe 20 if it's the
first time and you're reading the manual. It's very easy and the magnetic
knife setting gauges require *no* fiddling. All tools are provided and and a
home inside the planer. 2 allen screws to get off the dust shroud and then 9
or 10 bolts on each knife.

BTW my ond delta snipemaster-12 was a very different experience... one hour
of cussing and tweeking, mostly because the knife stetting jig sucked.

-Steve

"B a r r y" wrote in message
m...
David wrote:

first of all you have to work upside down.
secondly, getting them perfectly parallel to the table requires at least
4 swear words.

I can't say that I share your experience.

I lock the head, pull the old blade, insert the new blade down into the
spring, and tighten the bolts. After rotating the head to the other
blade, repeat...

I've only done mine 4-5 times and never remember working upside down.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, which wouldn't be a first!

Barry