Mike Reed

Default affordable planer

Note also that the planer is probably eligible for free shipping from
Amazon. I just bought a 115lb stick welder from them, and they shipped
it for free. Goofballs.

$359 out the door is a great price for the 22-580

No wrote:
Hey - I'm sort of thinking along the same lines as you. The Dewalt 735
seems over priced, especially when compaired to the Delta 22-580. I am
leaning toward the 22-580. These are going, if you shop around, for
$360 Amazon. $350 Northwestpowertools.com, etc. Woodcraft has them
for $419. My local Delta service center is selling 'reconditioned'
22-580s for $361 plus state sales tax.The orange store sells the via
Internet for $369++. Rockler is $430.

So, IMO the Delta 22-580 is the best deal under $400.

I found this interesting and useful.
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/fe...aners.0204.pdf
Its a review from 2004 and includes the Delta and Dewalt