Toller

Default What to do with my 1hp delta shaper?

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Toller" wrote in message

Or with all of these problems, maybe I should unload it and just do the
new router table as I originally intended. At an auction last week, the
same shaper went for 50% more than I paid for mine, despite being in
worse condition.

Oh, all the decisions....

Aux table required for clearance on the big bit. No hill for a stepper.
Make it with locating bars on the miter gage groove and limit bars on
either end that butt against the iron table. I made two, because I have
two panel raising cutters, and I could make the fence cutouts with minimum
clearance to control chipout.

Magnets work great at holding DC or vacuum fittings to the table, and they
are thrown, not dropped, so no real need to enclose anything. It'll only
make it more difficult to clean out the dust that will somehow find its
way in.

So you are doing raised panels on a 1hp shaper? The other respondants
thought it was a bad idea. Does it have the power for it? Thanks.