John Husvar

Default What is it? LXXXIII

In article . com,
"sewiv" wrote:

John Husvar wrote:

504. no idea. Possibly a manual tension scale to measure force needed to
move something?

Like a cable tension checker, or something?

Well, held vertically it would just be a scale, as in for weighing
things, like fish.

Yes, could be, but most of the fishing scales I've seen have a hook or
ring on both ends. It looks much like the device my wife uses in her
work to test the effort needed to open a door, for example.

She's an Independent Living Advocate, kind of an ADA enforcer. You know,
like: "Hey, Louie, get current with your ADA compliance or we'll teach
ya a little bit about disabilities. Know what I'm saying?" (OK, not
really quite that bad.

She works for an Independent Living Center, which helps businesses and
housing Property Managers figure out how to follow ADA Accessibility
Guidelines as easily and cheaply as possible and on finding housing for
folks who are in nursing homes, but who could live independently. (And
much more cheaply for the government agencies paying the nursing home
costs.)