Mark

Default Vacuum cleaner for DIY

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:41:51 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

I need a vacuum cleaner which is small and easy to handle to get into

all
the nooks and crannies around pipework etc. to clean up dust, swarf et

al.

Using the main domestic vac is a pain because it is too cumbersome.

The little B&D dustbusters seem a joke - especially with an 8 minute run
time :-(

I saw this in B&Q

http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...ID=62428&maxBu
llets=999
which looks a reasonable solution - also designed to suck dust from

power
tools :-)

Does anyone have experience of this, and how effective it is?

I note that it is only 600W whereas compact domestic vacs from Argos

e.g.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...y?storeId=1000
1&langId=-1&catalogId=1001&productId=64736
are 1400W i.e. over twice the power.

I agree with other posters. Henry every time, its perfect for sucking up

any
kind of crud, plaster dust you name it.
Easy to empty & doesn`t clog up providing you empty it reasonably often.
Cheeper on Ebay :-)

Steve

Thanks - although there was only one other poster who seems to have a
repetition problem repetition problem repetition problem :-)

The Henry looks a good vacuum cleaner but at 6.6Kg is fairly bulky.
Prices tending towards £90-£100 are also far higher than I want to go!
I already have a full sized 'wet and dry' vac. (not Henry)

The cheapest one at Argos is 3.9Kg and £24 which is more in the ball park
for a lightweight extra vac.
I was mainly wondering if the design bits on the B&Q one (power socket,
power tool dust extractor adapters) were features worth the extra price on a
vac. with less than half the rated power.

Cheers
Dave R

It's not that heavy and it's got a long hose so you don't have to move
ot about all that much anyway, ie. balance it on the stairs to do them
all in one go.
The lighter something like a vac is the more likley it is to be flimsy
and prone to damage.

It will "hoover" up just about anything without complaint plus it's
got a face what more could you want? ;-)

Mark S.