Default Property development

Mark wrote:
typed:

Without knowing FA about building regualtions (sic)
Why is it that so many people seem to think that property
development is a licence to print money.

It's clear from the Property Ladder type programmes that
complete numpties can made money doing up houses and I thought it
was time to have a go.

Its also clear from the Property Ladder type programmes that
complete numpties *THINK* they can made money doing up houses.

What's so wrong with that?

Nothing, but to make a living from it is an entirely different
ballgame it takes many skills and a large portion of luck to succeed
in the long term. I started at 18 and believe me there are quicker
and easier ways to get rich quick.

Long term, I don't know anyone that hasn't made good money in
property.

What as a property developer with this as your sole income, as is being
suggested.
You must be another I.T. dreamer..

No, I'm not in IT and I'm not a dreamer. Property development is
something I'm starting in part time though.
I know many people in who are in property and they are all very well
off. That's not to say any 'numpty' can do it and make money,
especially in the current market.

You say you've been in property development since you were 18 and I'm
assuming you mean you've been in it a long time. If you have been doing
it that long you must have had some serious bad luck not to be making a
good income solely from property now.

And if you think there are far easier ways to make more money, why
aren't you doing those instead?