Default Property development

Mark wrote:
Nicknoxx typed:

Mark wrote:

Without knowing FA about building regualtions (sic)
Why is it that so many people seem to think that property
development is a licence to print money.

It's clear from the Property Ladder type programmes that
complete numpties can made money doing up houses and I thought it was
time to have a go.

Its also clear from the Property Ladder type programmes that
complete numpties *THINK* they can made money doing up houses.

What's so wrong with that?

Nothing, but to make a living from it is an entirely different ballgame it
takes many skills and a large portion of luck to succeed in the long term.
I started at 18 and believe me there are quicker and easier ways to get rich
quick.

Long term, I don't know anyone that hasn't made good money in property.

To make money in property, you don't need luck, you need some balls,
good sense and having done all your homework properly. The luck is when
property prices are rocketing regardless of your input.