Nicknoxx

Default Property development

wrote:

I don't mention on my CV that I've spent the last five years doing up
three cottages, have installed one heating system including underfloor
heating, done a loft conversion and installed three bathrooms.

And yet you say you are not au fait with the subtleties of the building
regs? Did you get approval for the loft conversion? Was all the waste
plumbing in the bathrooms compliant?

MBQ

Yes we got building regs approval for the work that HAD to have building
regs approval, and as far as I know all the work met the relevant
requirements. However when we did the work we were planning to stay in
the last house for a very long time and weren't so concerned with
meeting the regs as long as we were happy with the standard.

However, entering into property development as a business obviously
requires doing things properly and I am not fully up to speed with Part
P and it's implications.

For example, to what extend can one "self certify" plumbing and
electrical work?

--
Nick Brooks