The Wanderer

Default Electric meter reading period

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:46:14 -0000, bland wrote:

Just got an electricity bill combining two readings or estimates on one
bill, each itemised. As they didn't read the meter or send a bill for the
first of the two, and it is not dated, plus they don't say it was overdue,
they seem to be playing some little game.

snip

Can anyone explain what is going on

Dunno what part of the country you're in, but PG have had massive problems
in East Anglia, I think not all of which are of their own making.

Eastern Electric was bought out by TXU Energi some five or six years ago.
All went well until TXU introduced a new billing suite ('corporate' level
software for them as don't know). From what I can make out, that had some
problems in that it wasn't fully compatible with the billing program
previously used by Eastern.

When TXU went tits up about 2 or 3 years back, PG stepped in and took on
all the customers. Again, as far as I can make out, they've since intoduced
at least one, possibly two new billing suites, seemingly without fully
proving them before they were implemented.

Having said all of that, I'd recommend *anyone* who gets an estimated bill
to check the meter readings as soon as they get the bill, and 'phone in
revised readings for a revised bill.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net