Default Router and Router Table questions, comments appreciated

Thanks to all for your responses.

"Do you need the 3HP? Will you be swinging large bits? "

Probably not - but then i'd hate to spend $700.00 to find out in a
couple years I do need to.

" I'm a junior amateur wood-butcher. :-) Junior in experience, not age!

Are you in the Lower Mainland of BC, perchance? If you are, I've seen
several tool stores selling the Freud FT2000 router and router table
combo
for CDN$499."

Im junior in both
And yes, that is a good deal. At Home Depot here the freud is $319,
while the table is $329.

" "Freehand routing" No way. "

I assume by this you mean I will only be able to use the router on a
table, and not without (I might be using "freehand" in the wrong
context originally)

" Hitachi M12V (*not* the m12vc) is a very capable 3 1/4 HP
router that works well on a router table "

I've heard good things about Hirachi as well.
** Do others feel the same way abotu this router?? **

"Give this web site a thorough reading. Very informative for rotor
info. http://www.patwarner.com/ "

See my original post, bottom

Thanks for questions/responses all! Very helpfull