Leon

Default help understanding face frame cup hinges and what size to use

"BobS" wrote in message
.. .
No doubt about it - they show 1/8" for the Compact 38 hinges. Now go look
at the Compact 33 on that site and look at the Application Guide and you
tell me what the offset would be? They sure make that chart hard to
understand.....

Yeah I read it. I had always assumed the 1/8" was so that the door edge
would clear the face frame since the hinge holds the door out from the face
frame 1/8". I guess the pivot point on the different sized 38's is in
different places in the cup.

Guess the point here is - best read the instructions for the hinge you're
using before applying power.....

16 years ago I used some Blum hinges that actually mounted on the surface of
the face frame. Those were a real PIA to properly position on the cabinet.
Still even back then the spacing was 1/8" I agree though it is safe to read
the directions especially when using a new style hinge.