Andy Dingley

Default I have a project!

On 10 Nov 2005 03:11:06 EST, Mark and Kim Smith
wrote:

Got myself an old car. [...] Oak, ash, etc. My question is, is there any reason
I would have to go with a hardwood? Any thoughts on using marine grade
ply and gluing up what I need?

Aren't these always ash ? Every one (mainly MGs) that I've worked on
has been. There are a lot of curves in there and I'd hate to try making
the shapes from plywood. That said, the originals did use a lot of
plywood for the flat invisible parts, such as door skins or under a
rear-mounted petrol tank.

Besides which, good ash is cheaper than mediocre plywood.