Swingman

Default DIY Sawdust pelletising presses

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

"Morris Dovey" wrote:

You might spend a bit of time looking at DIY cigarette-making
machines.

We have those in the UK.
They look like this:
http://www.roll-ups.co.uk/ishop/879/shopscr3088.html

I've actually worked on commercial fag making machines. They were huge,
ran extremely fast, but they didn't have much real compression to them.

Damn ... that brought back memories. Ready rolled were so expensive in
England that when I worked at Heston Aircraft in the early 60's we all
rolled our own cigarettes (I made 13 pound ten shillings a week starting out
as a "Progress Chaser" on the factory floor (Expediter, here) and a _half_
pack of Players cost half a crown - you could also buy them one at a time at
a kiosk).

I had two cigarette rollers, both smaller than the one pictured above, but
one was too big to carry around and was for use at home, the other would fit
in a tobacco tin. It was a nightly thing to sit down at the kitchen table
and roll up a batch for the next day with the bigger roller.

The "cool" thing for us factory workers back then was to take a small
tobacco tin down to the factory paint shop and have it coated to your spec
to use as a shirt pocket container for tobacco, papers, and the smaller
roller for when you ran out during the day.

How times have changed ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05