Swingman

Default help understanding face frame cup hinges and what size to use

"Leon" wrote in message

I have probably drilled a thousand 1-3/8" holes in doors and always used

the
drill press with a temp fence. I draw a line at the center location of 1
hole and drill the hole. Then I extend that line to the fence. After that
simply align the line on the door to the one on the fence. I used to use
stops but find a tape measure and a quick mark on the door works just

fine.

Great minds think alike ... I first used stops also, but your method and/or
pencil lines on the fence in place of stops (that way I don't have to mark
each door) works fine too, particularly with overlay doors on FF cabinets
where the top and bottom hinge alignment distance is not all that critical.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05