Rod & Betty Jo

Default Mortality

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
So, I started thinking to myself - if'n I was going to die (which is
always true), and, if'n I might die sooner, rather than later (which
is also always true), what projects would I want to do first.

I'd like to do a re-imagining of the Goddard-Townsend Secretary - as a
sort of mausoleum - but maybe I am going to far with this current
thought...

I do hate visiting Doctors of any sort - I was going to make a shelf
for the kitchen.
Tom Watson - WoodDorker

When I turned 47 (nearly 6 years ago) I had a rather rude surprise and
became the near dead....Facing my mortality my first regret was the damn
house still wasn't in proper shape to leave the Mrs......after surgery, a
drug regime to control the condition, a long recuperation including a set
back or two and few years later I decided to venture into my shop and build
something, anything.......I settled on a Kitchen wall shelf approx. 5ft wide
and 4 ft high....with legs still wobbly, a bit unsteady and not particularly
comfortable cutting much of anything I decided to build a stool first to
hold me up when the rest of me couldn't.....I love that stool as it stands
for that long road back to whatever life and purpose I have left......The
kitchen shelf looks pretty good as well......Rod