R. Zimmerman

Default I-Beams T-Beams and cutting?

Normally your 150 Tee would be split from a 300 mm wide flange beam. You
can split the beam in two with a torch but use a flat bar guide. Pierce 20
mm in from one end and cut no more than a metre before skipping 20 mm,
piercing and continuing on. Let the unit cool then finish by cutting the
still joined locations.
The beam will still need straightening on a hydraulic press of some sort.
I would suggest that you could simply use a 150 mm wide flange beam. We
switch back and forth between metric and inch all the time in Canada. You
will find six inch beams quite common.
If you are not up to splitting into tees some suppliers will split beams for
an extra charge.
Randy

"andymason79" wrote in message

Hi does anyone know of a site online where you can price/buy I or T
beams?

Can you get 150mm I-Beams or T-Beams?

I am really looking for a T-Beams 150-180 mm 3300mm Long!

I can't find any T-Beams what would be the best way to cut the top of
an I-Beam to make it into a T-Beam, I am a bit scared to say the least
about cutting it down with an angle grinder!

Do companies such as Travis Perkins stock I or T beams because they
don't have them online?

Thanks

--
andymason79