James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Husky or Kobalt?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi I am currently selling all of my Craftsman tools to replace them
with either Husky or Kobalt. After reading alot of threads, I have yet
to see a comparison between just Husky and Kobalt tools. So I have a
few questions.
1. Which brand is better in your opinions?
2. Who has a wider selection of sizes, types of tools etc?
3. When one breaks does either Home Depot or Lowes give you problems
about getting the replaced?

I can't speak for Kobalt (Lowes) as I don't own any of their stuff. I do
have Husky and their tools seem to be pretty solid. I did bugger up a torx
bit a while back (whoever invented those damn things should be shot!) and
went back to HD to get a replacement. While they were more than happy to
replace it, they weren't set up to just replace a piece at a time at the
local store. They finally dug into a set and pulled out the piece I needed.
I suppose you'd probably have to send off the broken item to get a
replacement. Why sell your Craftsman tools? Mine are 20-25 years old and
doing just fine. I have a store locally that has each individual item
available should any break. I did get a few socket wrenches from them ages
ago that were of a bad design. They've been happy to take them in exchange
for their new stuff.
Cheers,
cc