Default venting water heater and boiler gases.

I doubt it. Is there not a second flue or some means to have
everything go up thru the chimney ?

wrote:
I have an older home and currently the water heater and boiler (located
in the basement) vent into the chimney. I bought a wood buring
fireplace/stove and I want to add it into the second floor using the
same flue(There was once a stove located at that location but I am sure
they did not use the same flue). I understand I should not do this as
long as I do not want to visit the burn unit anytime soon. Can I
somehow vent the boiler and water heater out of the side of the house?