Leon

Default help understanding face frame cup hinges and what size to use

"Swingman" wrote in message

All good info ... about the only thing I could add for the OP with regard
the "pricey jigs" is that if he has a drill press, all he really needs to
locate the 35mm holes precisely/properly in the doors is a simple fence
clamped solidly to the drill press table ... those "pricey jigs" are
mainly
for those operating only with a hand drill, IME.

I have probably drilled a thousand 1-3/8" holes in doors and always used the
drill press with a temp fence. I draw a line at the center location of 1
hole and drill the hole. Then I extend that line to the fence. After that
simply align the line on the door to the one on the fence. I used to use
stops but find a tape measure and a quick mark on the door works just fine.