Swingman

Default Mortality

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Swing, have you heard this young mandolin player on a CD called,
Nickel Creek?

Damn, there's another guy that I'll never be as good as, but, he's
better than Ricky Skaggs, and I already wasn't as good as him.

Sigh...

You bet ... and if you like Chris Thile, you'll love one of his mandolin
heroes, Dave Peters. Dave died a few years ago from a drug/alcohol reaction,
but I had the pleasure to both record and play with him. I guarantee that
his seminal recording "Art in America", is in Chris Thile's CD player. I'll
see if I can find a copy around here and wing it your way.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05