Jim Stewart

Default Update on machinist trainee

Pete C. wrote:
Ignoramus18971 wrote:

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:12:22 -0800, Jim Stewart wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus32681 wrote:

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:53:17 -0600, williamhenry wrote:

when I was hired out of high school and had a wife and new baby on the way ,
the shop foreman told me that being on time was mandatory !!

well after a few weeks I had car trouble and came in about 45 minutes late ,
got called into H.R and was told in no uncertain terms that you only get to
come in late once

that the second occasion , regardless the reason you would be fired .....
now I knew why all the other guys arrived one half to three quarters of an
hour early every day

If I heard that, I would leave that f^&*(g place at the first
opportunity.

If I heard that at an interview I'd get up and walk out the door
laughing my ass off. If it was sprung on my at a later point I'd get up
and walk out the door laughing my ass off.

Even with a wife and a new baby on the way?
Been there, done that, I'd be on time, at
least until I could get something else lined
up.

I would also get something lined up first.

Again, no job is worth that kind of BS. If they don't want to do
business in the real world where **** happens and people are late or
out, then I have no interest in doing anything to help support them and
working for them for any length of time would be doing that. I bet they
don't have the same absurd attitude with their machines, expecting them
to never break down and throwing them out if they do.

You are entitled to that opinion. I probably
would have agreed with you when I was young
and single and I can afford to agree with you
now that my kid is grown and the house is nearly
paid for. But back when signing the mortage
was fresh in my mind and I had a squawling
1 year old and a nervous wife, I did what I
had to do, which included putting up with
some BS. And I know that my family is better
off because I did.