Christopher Tidy

Default Update on machinist trainee

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"jim rozen" wrote in message

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

Don't hesitate to make a connection between one's worth in production as
opposed to wanting to earn a couple hundred bucks per hour. People

in

the US have had too much, for too long, and have lost their perspective.
It's time for all of us to start realizing that unearned money is not in
anyone's interest---including the recipient.

Harold, please inform me about exactly which jobs are providing
that elusive "unearned money." I've been searching for those
for years. All the stories I hear along these lines seem to indicate
that shortly after the trainee thinks he has one, he gets fired
out the door.

Jim

Not referring to just machinists, Jim. Workpeople in general. Do you
feel a kid in high school, lacking skills of any kind, is worth over $7 hr
to serve burgers? I don't.

Do you think a UPS driver is worth $28 hr? I don't.

They do need to be reliable, have initiative and care about the job.
When you have to deal with a bad courier firm you know about it. And if
UPS want to retain their drivers, rather than having their workforce
dominated by young people, they're going to have to pay them a decent
wage so they can support a family. These guys also amass knowledge of
all the difficult-to-find locations in their area, so keeping them
improves the service.

Chris