Christopher Tidy

Default I-Beams T-Beams and cutting?

andymason79 wrote:
Hi does anyone know of a site online where you can price/buy I or T
beams?

Can you get 150mm I-Beams or T-Beams?

I am really looking for a T-Beams 150-180 mm 3300mm Long!

I can't find any T-Beams what would be the best way to cut the top of
an I-Beam to make it into a T-Beam, I am a bit scared to say the least
about cutting it down with an angle grinder!

Do companies such as Travis Perkins stock I or T beams because they
don't have them online?

Thanks

T sections are available, but I doubt you will get them from Travis
Perkins. I would call all the steel suppliers in the Yellow Pages or
Business Pages and tell them what you want. Even if you spend hours
looking it will be easier than trying to cut one flange off an I-beam,
and cheaper too. You might get through 100 abrasive discs trying to do
that to a few beams. An oxyacetylene torch would be easier, but still
hard work and not very neat (unless you are a real pro).

Chris