Jim Stewart

Default Update on machinist trainee

Andy Asberry wrote:
On 9 Nov 2005 05:29:43 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

Don't hesitate to make a connection between one's worth in production as
opposed to wanting to earn a couple hundred bucks per hour. People in
the US have had too much, for too long, and have lost their perspective.
It's time for all of us to start realizing that unearned money is not in
anyone's interest---including the recipient.

Harold, please inform me about exactly which jobs are providing
that elusive "unearned money." I've been searching for those
for years. All the stories I hear along these lines seem to indicate
that shortly after the trainee thinks he has one, he gets fired
out the door.

Jim

How about Delphi? Story on their bankruptcy stated average worker cost
was $65 an hour.

I'd say that $65/hr would buy a hell of alot
of robots amortized over 5-7 years....