PDQ

Default Finishing a Basement: Question!

"jerseycat10" wrote in message oups.com...
| Thank you for your response. What kind of glue did you use to adhere
| the drywall to the block? Has is held up so far? I searched and saw
| your original post that was very similar to mine. A lot of people were
| adamant against not gluing the drywall directly to the block. That
| kind of worries me.
|
| Another question.. How do you fasten furring strips to cinder blocks?
| And since they are so thin, how do you fasten drywall to furring strips?

Construction grade adhesive.

DO NOT NAIL INTO THE CINDER BLOCKS.

The clot before me did and I had to rip all my basement out and re-mortar the walls with a hydraulic cement slurry. As soon as one puts nails into cinder block, they lose their integrity and start letting water in where it is not wanted

--
PDQ