John Powell

Default OT - How could the volume of a person be found?

You are not an alcoholic until you drink more than your doctor ...
so go and weigh him for an 'obesity' check.

That's a very good point - I'm a GP and I see it as a minor role of
mine to preach about lifestyle. People want to be fixed, then get on
with their life as they see fit.

I bet you don't get formula one pit crew tutting to drivers and saying
"well if only you drove a little more slowly and occasionally got out
for a break your engine would be less strained and last longer"

It's much cheaper for politicians to shout at the populace to be more
healthy than let them decide, and provide sick-shops to clear up the
mess.

You only have to measure the girth of politicians to realise why
health promotion doesn't work.

Even John Reid admitted that for some people smoking is their only
pleasure. If one of my elderly patients said that it would be fine,
but for a senior politican responsible for firing competent managers
for not meeting his stalinist health targets that's unforgiveable
hypocrisy.

As far as I'm concerned people can be the size they want. I'll advise
them of the consequences, but then they can choose. If people wear out
their knees aged 40 because they're carrying the equivalent of 2 heavy
suitcases of lard everywhere they go then I'll point it out, give them
the help but that's as far as I can go. It's about choice and
responsiblity....

*rant mode: OFF*