David Farber

Default Sansui 7070 Power Amp Question

"2Czech" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi David,
Yahooooooo!! - I fixed it! I checked the supply voltage you mentioned
(+44 @ output npn transistor collectors) and it was OK. I then followed
the regulated +44 that you initially had me check back on to the F-2624
driver board and HELLO the second place I checked (the + side of C07 &
C08) and it read Neg. 15.4v instead of +43. As it turns out both R33 &
R34 had changed value from 180 ohms to around .5 Meg ohms. I replaced
them both and the receiver sings like bird.

Once again, thanks so much for your patience and help.

As it turns out I didn't need luck - you were helping me .

Cheers,
Joe

Hi Joe,

I think the lucky part was that the receiver seemed to indicate a problem
that was common to both channels. In fact, there were problems in each of
the amplifiers. I guess it's not like winning the lottery but your
Yahooooooo!! sounded every bit as loud. (-:

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center