Jumpster Jiver

Default SONY TV Power Supply board repearable ??? KV35V45

Charles Schuler wrote:

"Maxmel" wrote in message ...

Hi ,

I have a 35" Sony TV Model KV35V45 that is dead.

First symptom was no picture but sound was OK.

Somebody tried to fix it by changing a resistor and 2 transistors on the
PS board 1-659-752-12 and was OK for a few minutes and boom again but now
completly dead.

I sent it to Sony and they said that there no part available for this
model anymore.

I had opened it and found that R607 (0.1 ohm/half watt) was open , the 2
transistors (C4834) were bad on the same board.

I'm assuming that the HOT is bad also (will check). I just order a PS kit
from GlobalSemi with all the 4 items but I want to make sure that there is
nothing else bad on the TV before replacing it.

Is it possible to check this ? Can the flyback or tube bad ?

Usually, yes. Check the solder pads around the horizontal driver
transformer. You might find cracks. A resoldering job there might fix it
after changing the transistors (the HOT is probably bad too).

It couldn't hurt to ESR all the electrolytic caps in the SMPS and change
any that are suspect also.