Leonard Caillouet

Default RCA P46730WK PTK169PCA flicker in video, tuner

Actually, John, it looks like the problem is occuring only on the tuner. I
thought I saw it on the composite input but it seems ok now. Additionally,
it seems sensitive to color. A gray scale pattern does not flicker.
Various combinations of R,G, & B rasters affect it differently. Would be
interesting and pretty easy to troubleshoot knowing that now but the client
will not spend any more money or time on this old unit and uses composite
inputs with a cable converter anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Leonard

"John-Del" wrote in message
oups.com...

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
However, I don't agree that the TEA2261
always needs to be changed. We fix a lot more of them that just need the
three caps that typically go bad.

Same here, the controller is either good or bad in my experience

Do you have a PIP module to swap? If you don't have one, I might have
one somewhere.

John