Steve

Default Upholstered Dining Chairs

wrote:
OK, so my wife has found these upholstered dining chairs at Restoration
Hardware that go for around $350 a pop. The chair legs are the only
exposed wood. Sure they're nice looking chairs, but I can't help but
think this would be a case where I could build for half the cost of
buying. Beyond of course my fear of upholstery.

Has anyone in this group built anything like this? Does anyone know of
a source for plans for an upholstered dining chair? It's a simple side
chair that would seem to be a reasonable undertaking.

Thanks,

Kevin

I happened to be looking back at December 2003 Fine Woodworking.
Excellent article about making upholstered chair pads. You could
probably apply the same ideas to the rest of the chair. You might be
able to order the article or a backcopy of that issue from Taunton if
you don't have/save the magazine.
Steve