David

Default Upholstered Dining Chairs

David wrote:

wrote:

OK, so my wife has found these upholstered dining chairs at Restoration
Hardware that go for around $350 a pop. The chair legs are the only
exposed wood. Sure they're nice looking chairs, but I can't help but
think this would be a case where I could build for half the cost of
buying. Beyond of course my fear of upholstery.

Has anyone in this group built anything like this? Does anyone know of
a source for plans for an upholstered dining chair? It's a simple side
chair that would seem to be a reasonable undertaking.

Thanks,

Kevin

I rarely find I save much money when woodworking. I do it for the fun
of it; not to save money. There's no way I've made $17,000 worth of
stuff yet--that's what I've spent on tools and wood, in round figures.

Dave

oops. I meant $15k

Case in point: I want to make a china cabinet, but to do it up good, I'd
like to use beveled edge glass in the doors and tempered glass shelves.
If I order beveled edge doors other than rectangular, the cost for the
glass alone is over $400...

Dave