Larry Jaques

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:22:17 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Mike
Berger quickly quoth:

It's not a living wage. If a single adult has to live on that
amount alone, he'll probably be homeless. Some people in the
U.S. have too much, but that wealth is not equally distributed.

Minimum wage never has been. That's why most people on it have
roommates, housemates, or working partners. Or they live in people's
garage lofts, mother-in-law cottages, shacks, cabins, etc.

As far as I know, it has been that way for all of my adult life.
(I'm 52.)

BTW, isn't "living wage" the term thought up by the folks who
brought us welfare (and all the other social programs which have
never worked?)

A PSYCHOLOGIST looks at everyone -else- || http://www.diversify.com
when an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming