Gunner

Default OT Ford truck problem...

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:48:22 -0500, Al A.
wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies, guys! I've got my work cut out for
tomorrow afternoon, I guess. That is exactly what I was hoping for.

I did try an autozone to get the code read, but the one I was at only
had a reader for OBD2 systems, mine is too old for OBD2. Said that
they probably lost it!

I think I may have the dreaded fuel-filter-in-the tank, as i looked
but could not find an external one, but I am planning to look again
and ask my parts guy to check if he lists one. I have the same problem
running on either of my tanks, which as it happens, each have fuel
from a different gas station. So I am thinking bad fuel/water is
unlikely.

Checked for the loose distributor and the cracked air duct from the
air cleaner box (wasted 4 days on THAT problem a few years back with
another car. good call Jim!) This has the dual heavy rubber air hoses
that look like oversized radiator hose, rather than the corrigated
plastic duct.

I have to take a look at a manual to see how to get the code to read
out. There is another place around here that may do a freebie or
minimal cost code scan that is more likely to have a scanner that old.

Also have to take a closer look through all of the vacuum lines, etc.

And please Dan, don't get the whole Chevy/Ford war started here,
PLEASE!!

Thanks again for all of the info.

-AL A.

Im sure you know how to check for air leaks using the Carby Cleaner or
WD-40 method? Spray things an area at a time and listen for engine
RPM changes?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner