Doctor Drivel

Default Warm air heating

. ..
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 01:40:25 -0000, Rob Morley wrote:

In article , says...
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:09:52 +0000, gastec wrote:

snip
Odd. I have a CH boiler feeding half a dozen fan convectors...

That is how you do it hese days.

But then you don't have ducting that can also be used for central air
conditioning.

That is true: Where Aircon does go in these days its more about
recirculationg and cooling air with refrigerating cassettes rather than
full aircon.

Personally a fully modern house could and maybe should have very tightly
controlled ventialtion and heating: Like Drivel always goes on about...but
the cost of doing it with no standard off the shelf bits tends to exceed
the cost of simply shoving in a bit of air cooling in summer...

All parts off-the-shelf.

At some level its all a compromise. My hot air blowers cold indeed have
cold water going through them - sloightly refrigerated water - in
summer...but he danger would then be condensation...