Mike Dodd

Default how do i un do ceased nuts in plumbing.

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

the nuts are huge and i do not have an adjustable
spanner big enough so i am using a set of pump pliers.

You may be able to get a suitable spanner or socket at Halfords or
another motor spares supplier.

lol, I wish.

I ended up buying a "proper" spanner when I replaced the CH pump
recently; bought a single spanner (32mm, I think) for something like a
tenner from a machine / fastener outlet (real man place) - felt great
walking away from the shop with this 2 foot long spanner.

In all seriousness, get the right tool for the job, a few quid spent
will save a lot of heart-ache (also, wrist / arm ache from the crappy
pump pliers) and possibly avoid unnecessary damage