Rick Hughes

Default Gas oven - flexible gas pipe NOT allowed!

"Lobster" wrote in message
Just had a Corgi round to install a built-in Baumatic gas oven with hob
above. However, he and I were both scratching our heads over the oven
installation instructions, which state:

"Warning: the use of a flexible rubber tubing attached to the outlet
connector is prohibited because it cannot be inspected".

Now given that the gas hob definitely needs to be fitted with fixed pipe
work, how the hell can the oven also be fitted that way? There's no way
to access the back of the oven. We wondered about the wisdom of making a
large access hole in the external wall of the house but that seemed a
*tad* like overkill, so the Corgi just fitted the oven in the normal way
using a rubber hose/bayonet connector.

My understanding is that a fixed hob cannot be plumbed in with a rubber pipe
and must have a copper fixed pipe.
Rubber pipes are still allowed on cookers/ranges with wheels ... but a
safety chain should be fitted to avoid stressing pipe of the moving unit.