C. Massey

Default Removing parquet flooring

"C. Massey" wrote in message
et...
I am trying to remove wood parquet floor tiles. They have been glued down
with a dark gray glue onto a concrete subfloor. I bought a "floor chisel"
at Home Depot and am using a 3 or 5 lb sledge. Some of the floor is coming
up ok, but most of it is breaking into pieces and just not wanting to
cooperate.

Also, some of the concrete is sticking to the tiles leaving chucks out of
the floor. Deepest one is maybe 1/8" deep and the largest one maybe 2"-3"
in diameter. I will be putting a wood laminate floor down. Will I need to
patch the missing chunks? If so, using what? Redi-Mix concrete?

Any advice on making this task easier will be appreciated!

Now I need to get my wife to rub some Ben-Gay on my back. It's killin' me!

Well, after 3 days, I finally got it up. I am now taking a break before I
start the new floor.

I ended up buying a tile scraper. It really didn't work as well as the floor
chisel, so I kept going with the chisel, then came back and got the pieces
that where still stuck with the scraper.

I will be glad when my vacation is over so I can go back to work and get
some rest!