Trekking Tom

Default Repointing 1875 field stone foundation

On 8 Nov 2005 16:21:07 -0800, "hanson"
wrote:

There are holes in the foundation to the outside through which I can
put my fist, or my flat hand!

What proporation of portland cement, sand, and lime(?) should I use???
Or should I just buy some pre-mixed material from a big box store.
Thanks for your thoughts, as I have not idea what to buy!

Many of these old masonry places never had any portland in them. Look
at the materials available locally, it's probably what they used. The
sand color also makes a difference if you want a perfect match.

Tom