MasterBlaster

Default Dryer Problem

wrote

Thanks for the info. My dryer is electric. Where would I be looking
for the thermostat and reset buttons.

Being that this is an old dryer am I just better off getting a new one
then getting a repairman to fix it?

How old? Mom's old Maytag had the heating element in a circle all the
way around the front opening. I could just see it if I pulled the front of
the case out a bit and was at just the right angle. As she had renters
who had access to the machines, occasionally a forgotten coin would
come out of a pocket and make it through the little gap and short-circuit
the element against the case, burning it out. I replaced it myself a couple
of times before we figured out why and how it was blowing.