Brian Elfert

Default Makita's new LXT cordless: anyone tried them yet?

"toolguy" writes:

My old cordless 12V Makita is dying. It's served me well. I have been
shopping for a replacement and was fairly set on Hitachi's DMR line of
14.4V tools. I was going to get the hammer/drill and impact driver but
I came across Makita's new LXT line on the web last night. Wow, they
look great. For those of you who haven't seen these yet, besides
having all the neat features you want on these tools, they have a very
innovative battery. It's lithium ion and its an 18V that weighs the

I need a new cordless drill as mine died. I saw the LXT, but gave up on
it as soon as I saw the drill costs over $300! I think I'll get a Ridgid
18 volt instead.

Brian Elfert