Bill

Default Clearing blocked toilet with caustic soda

A one time colleague told me that in his road THE AUTHORITIES had to
be called in to unblock the sewer and found ... a garden rake. Since
no one owned up, they were going to fine the whole street (can they do
that?) I didn't hear what happened in the end.

Chris

A colleague of mine in Cambridge found a set of drain rods blocking his
drain! Presumably the previous owner had let go at the wrong moment,
devils own job to get out apparently.
Also while working at a tournament at Wentworth a few years back there
was a blockage in a manhole that the s**t tanker driver was emptying the
mobile toilet tanks into, turned out to be a recently dead dog.

I'm sure you wanted to know this!
--
Bill