Dave Plowman (News)

Default Help - I need to build a false floor in a hurry!

In article ,
Steve Gilbey wrote:
What I don't know is the dimensions and spacing of the frame members I need
to construct this raised section from. Any suggestions?
Should I remove the existing floorboards and build it onto the joists or
just put it on top of them, nailed through?

Lay new joists alongside the old, screwed to them. Easiest way to get
things level without a great deal of work. Constructional timber is cheap.

With a fall of about 75mm, you should be able to do it without any
fiddling - 25mm or so overlap at the low end should still be plenty strong
enough.

--
*Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.