Default Lead part - cast or turn?

tillius wrote:
The three wheel one. You rig the car so that
one wheel is off the track. This makes a
huge difference in the time, and it's legal
as far as I know.

Yep, it's legal. And it's funny too. A lot of parents will accidentally
get the wheels aligned that way then come to the workshop and ask us to
help them fix the car so all the wheels are touching. So we do .

D'oh... and to think we always shunned the nail slots which provide
this capability and sought out a drillpress to drill aligned holes
instead!

I recall a friend roughing something out with a pocket knife while his
dad was out of town, and doing suprisingly well given the crude results
- perhaps this is why. Having the event have an ability to ignore
common parental input can be an advantage...

At the time, I was wondering if leaving the mold flash on the wheels
was the reason - started to wonder about evening it up rather than
removing it.

(Despite storing the official track at our house, my dad wouldn't use
it for test runs - made our own 10 foot test track)