Larry Jaques

Default OT Ford truck problem...

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:48:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Al
A. quickly quoth:

Thanks for all of the replies, guys! I've got my work cut out for
tomorrow afternoon, I guess. That is exactly what I was hoping for.

I did try an autozone to get the code read, but the one I was at only
had a reader for OBD2 systems, mine is too old for OBD2. Said that
they probably lost it!

I think I may have the dreaded fuel-filter-in-the tank, as i looked
but could not find an external one, but I am planning to look again
and ask my parts guy to check if he lists one. I have the same problem
running on either of my tanks, which as it happens, each have fuel
from a different gas station. So I am thinking bad fuel/water is
unlikely.

I thought it might be a fuel filter problem, too, but when I switched
tanks, the problem went with it. The repair place I went to did a fuel
flow test, too, so that was covered.

Like I said, good odds it's your TPS. Your problem was identical to
mine (and I'm a retired mechanic.)

I have to take a look at a manual to see how to get the code to read
out. There is another place around here that may do a freebie or
minimal cost code scan that is more likely to have a scanner that old.

Yeah, that's what I did. It beats Ford dealership's $78 diagnostic
fee all to hell.

A PSYCHOLOGIST looks at everyone -else- || http://www.diversify.com
when an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming