Set Square

Default replacing / repairing back boiler

angusclaydon wrote:

Well, I have found it, and got the end cap, haven't managed to get a
screwdriver in as its awkwardly positioned next to floor joist

Looks like I will be able to get it off as its got taps either side of
it! Also been trying to get my head round the timer wiring as I
replaced that last year too with electronic one, as it doesn't appear
to be independantly fused ...

rgds

Sounds like you're making *some* progress. Is it possible that - due to your
wiring changes - the pump isn't being told to run? Can you get at its
connections to make sure that they're live when they should be, or can you
temporarily wire it into a 13A plug to see whether it runs when you *know*
it has power? [Even if you can't get a screwdriver in, you may be able to
get a finger in to check whether the spindle is going round.]
--
Cheers,
Set Square