John Cartmell

Default Council tax and new ways..........

In article ,
Joe wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
In article , Joe
wrote:

John Cartmell wrote:

You're not concerned that there was meant to be three types of school -
grammar, technical grammar, and secondary modern - but most authorities
never bothered about the second or hardly developed the idea - and there
was no attempt to select for those fitted for such an education?

You seem fairly knowledgable he how many multilaterals were there? I
have only ever been aware of the one I attended and its sister girls'
school. Why was the Comprehensive system used instead?

can you explain what you mean by multi-lateral?

Basically a streamed comprehensive. Six-form intake, two grammar, two
technical and two secondary modern in the first year. Promotions and
relegations throughout the time there, though most in the first year.
It was possible to arrive in the lower s-m stream and do A-levels
(someone in my year did). Only about three forms left by the fifth year
(it was possible to leave before 16 in those days).

My only real criticism of such is the size of such institutions in practice.