sPoNiX

Default Damp in garage part II

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:35:43 -0000, "Brian G"
wrote:

Cure, is to dig either a drainage trench to a lower level so the water runs
aways (can then be filled with coarse gravel) or dig an even deeper trench
to about two foot below DPC, backfill with coarse rubble and use this as a
soakaway. Or alternatively, dig a trench to the footings level and 'tank'
the wall or give it about half a dozen coats of clear silicone using a
'rough' spray and then lay a loose course or so of ordinary concrete blocks
against this to protect it and then backfill with rubble and gravel to
finish off.

Rather than 'tanking' the wall, would it be possible to stick self
adhesive roofing felt to it? I have some somewhere and it'd be quicker
than cleaning the brickwork, painting it, allowing it to dry,
repainting etc..etc..(I also think I have some, somewhere)

It'd also mean the felt could curve away at the bottom of the wall
which'd probably help divert the water.

sponix