Hans

Default Koss CDP607 Portable CD player won't recognise CD

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Hans" wrote in message
Hopefully I am posting in the right newsgroup. Anyway, just wondering if
it is easily fixable, or if I should get rid of it. It works, save for
recognising any CD's, which doesn't help any! It was manufactured in
1997. Thanks.

Does the laser head ' home ' ie move to the centre of the disc when the
lid is shut ? Does the display look like it's wanting to read when you
shut the lid, or does it stay completely passive ?
Does it spin up the disc or make any noises ?

Common problems with portables are stuck lasers due to mechanical probs in
the sled drive, bad switch contacts on the door sense switch, broken
operating pin for same switch, and of course, worn out lasers which, with
an 8 year old player, may well be your problem ...

Arfa

Thanks for the reply! I opened it up, and upon pressing down the thing that
would signify the player being closed (door sense switch as you said), it
looked like it wanted to read, the display went from 00, no, for no CD.
Anyway, the laser head does not move, and it seems rather dim, I imagine it
must be a worn out laser like you said. Thought I'd post here, mostly out of
curiousity :P.