Ray L. Volts

Default Best Buy and Geek Squad computer privacy issues

"sonyfunai" wrote in message
What a surprise... Geek Squad employees have to spend at least 7.5 of
their 8 hour day doing something halfway constructive. The last half hour
they use shining up the Volkswagen.

As far as I'm concerned any info on a computer that's taken to a repair
shop is open and fair game. It's the responsibility of the computer owner
to back up and delete sensitive data and totally their fault if they do
not. How do you think most folks get caught and serve jail time for
illegal porn?

Not sure about most, but it seems a great MANY are just plain stupid -- they
use their own valid credit cards to pay for memberships/downloads on illegal
sites! Gee, I wonder if the feds might just be monitoring such
transactions. =o