HeyBub

Default Can my roof hold the weight ?

calhoun" builderpaul@"pants wrote:

I would think it would "hold" the weight. the question is could you
use a telescope on such a platform. There will be a certain
deflection to any such arrangement. (jump up and down on the roof and
you will notice it moves). Any telescope I have used needs a solid
non moving base for any decent observations.

Depends on the heavenly body at which you are gazing.

When I was in school, the grad students gimmicked up the world's 7th-largest
refracting telescope to depress below the horizon. "Why," you may ask?

A mere four miles away was a girls dorm....